Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Spread the love during February ;-)

And so it's February 1 of 2011 - the start of a period that is often described as the 'month of love'.  It's not a bad thing to dedicate 28 days to love, romance, red roses and chocolates but there is, and should be so much more to it!

Did you know that February 20 is World Day of Social Justice and that we celebrate (or are suppose to) commemorate International Mother Language Day on February 21?  Another important date to diarise is Random Acts of Kindness Week, taking place from February 14th to 20th this year.

Why limit ourselves to celebrating the month of love on Valentine's Day?  We learn in primary school already that love is not really about the warm-hearted feeling of being in love with someone where it's all about 'me me me' - my needs, wants and desires - altough there is and should be a time (and place) for love in this sense as well ;-) 

But is the real challenge of love not to share, to care and to be kind to all others, not only to those that I really like and who'se company I enjoy?  I think so - what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment