Thursday, February 17, 2011

Extreme kindness gift to self and others: no negativity for one day!

Today's kindness challenge is quite extreme - no moaning and groaning for the next 24 hours!

This might sound very easy at first but if you think about it for a minute I'm sure you'll agree that it is quite a challenge - even an extreme one!  I regard myself as a positive person and I like surrounding myself with inspiring people and uplifting events or experiences but I also know that I can be quite cynical every now and then - seeing all the dark clouds instead of the their silver linings.

It's not necessarily a bad thing to be critical and to question life as it happens.  I actually think it's very much needed at times.  The challenge is to stick to the 'at times' part - not on a constant, everyday basis!

So - let's see if we can commit to a moan-free day.  We will not only be kind to everyone interacting with us today, but also, and maybe more importantly - to ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment