Monday, June 6, 2011

What if...we would implement just one of our bright ideas?

I'm definitely having a blue Monday today - not feeling up to anything in particular.  I feel as if I'm not developing and progressing at the rate that I should be (don't ask who has determined this 'rate' - I just feel as if I'm not there yet).  And it doesn't feel as if I will reach that 'I have arrived' feeling soon (you might argue that that is not necessarily a bad thing if I never feel that 'I have arrived').

"What is she trying to say today?", I'm sure you are thinking right now.

I'm saying that circumstances in our lives change the moment when we let it happen - not waiting for anyone else or some other event to realise our dreams.  This is an age old truth - all of us know this so well, but find it so hard to implement (well, I hope I'm not alone in this one).  I have so many ideas and plans - many of them are really good ones - why not put my money where my mouth is?  I can think of many reasons for this sorry state of affairs - having to rely on a steady income, knowing my current job expectations and surroundings so well, being familiar with the same places I go to and people I meet - being stuck in a huge comfort zone, it seems.

I'm definitely not up for facing this little miss mona this whole week, so something's gotta give.  A good start might be to implement one of my bright ideas (hey, I said there are many so one should be a breeze).  That's my commitment to making the world a better place this week ;-)

I'm sure you have many bright ideas - please do share.

1 comment:

  1. It's so difficult to keep reminding ourselves that we are actually quite cool. We really need to stop comparing ourselves to all kinds of sorry people :)

    Thanks for the post - I would love to hear your bright idea to be implemented!

    ReplyDelete