Tuesday, May 3, 2011

View from my room

I have to admit that I don't feel as if I'm ready to take on the Comrades Marathon today.  I have to add that the classical flu symptoms did arrive on my doorstep as of yesterday, so I presume that that would be a definite factor (if not the determining one), causing my 'not-so-on-top-of-the-world mood' today.  

There are this constant 'battle' (might be a bit too harsh word to use but you'll get my point) in my mind about the experiences I have and how I am ''suppose to' perceive and react to it.  I mean, if you went for a full-day spa and flew off to Plettenberg Bay to spend time with great friends for the weekend you should feel great at the start of another short week, isn't it?  Well, if that isn't the case (as it is with me today) I think Lily Allen had the right idea when she said:  "Say what you say.  Do what you dol.  Feel what you feel.  As long as it's real".

No comments:

Post a Comment