Thursday, May 19, 2011

I love my South Africa ... do you?

It seems as if South Africans had different experiences of yesterday's municipal elections.  The logistical arrangements seem to be the 'make or break' factor.  The whole process of queuing, getting my ID barcode checked, having my thumbnail marked blacked and voting only took 25 minutes.  Some of my colleagues this morning said that they were queuing for nearly two hours due to technical malfunctions or a shortage of IEC staff - a bit of a damper on the positive spirit of the day.

But then, on the other hand - all South Africans had the opportunity to vote - no one was excluded on any grounds.  And, be it that I only spend 25 minutes of my day off on this formality; I felt a great sense of pride and accomplishment that I'm doing my bit for our rainbow nation.


In my inbox this morning, I received the following SA Good News:



I love my South Africa - the good, the bad and the ugly!  What about you?


Join the conversation at http://www.ilovesouthafrica.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment