Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Season change - time for introspection?

I'm very much aware of autumn that's in the air, especially after this long weekend.  The air is crisp and cool and the sun is rising a bit later.  If you haven't noticed anything else you must have seen that leaves are all over the place, all of a sudden.

Or maybe this has not happened so suddenly, but forms part of a much bigger process or cycle of season change.

Many people might not agree but I think that the changing seasons can be related back to our minds and consciousness.  It's as if I'm more aware of my surroundings and circumstances the last couple of weeks - I'm definitely thinking more about life - my own life - and the good, the bad and ugly that it entails at this stage.

It might be pure coincidence or it might be Mother Nature that directs her children to look inwards, to do introspection and to thereby get rid of the unused or even harmful 'leaves' on our 'branches'.  This might sound very philosophical and 'airy fairy', but it does make sense to me. Shouldn't we do more, and act more according to the laws of nature?  Isn't that part of our internal make-up but something that we so often just ignore? 

Whether you are friend or foe,
Seasons and cycles come and go,
Much like the ocean's eb and flow,
So I'm turning inwards for internal grow(th)

No comments:

Post a Comment