Thursday, March 24, 2011

I love Mondays!

All around me (okay, let's be more specific - on facebook and twitter) I see positive quotes and sayings, people trying to motivate one another which, of course, is a wonderful thing.  I get the idea that many of us are really in need of uplifting, inspiring stuff - be that thoughts, words or actions.  I know that I am.

So I'm trying to narrow things down for the moment - hoping (and believing, may I say) that a 'back to basics' approach is more often than not the solution to many real life dramas -  the search for fulfillment and  meaningful experiences (packed as positivity and inspiration in this case).  I'm therefore focusing on the small things - the break in a pattern or routine, a compliment, an unexpected smile or even being proud of myself for not getting angry about something that upsets me usually.

I think that I'm starting to sound like a 'nag queen' - pushing these thoughts on seeing the 'silver lining of every cloud' down people's throats.  That is not the idea at all.  I'm just realising that thoughts lead to words which lead to action, which then again, becomes behaviour patterns that are difficult to change.  And because I'm very much aware of this fact lately I'm trying to think like a 'little miss sunshine' and maybe be a 'little miss mentor' to someone in the mean time.

But I'm also saying that positivity and 'living a good life' is still a subjective perception and experience.  Having said that, let's shake things up a bit and dreads the thought that the weekend is nearly upon us - I'm looking forward to Monday already!

No comments:

Post a Comment