Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Let's open our minds to open-mindedness ;-)

The title of an article by Conway Tutani in Newsday of January 14 2011, "Open-mindedness shortest distance between us all" grabbed my attention this morning.  The author comments on the current political state of Zimbabwe, and how open-mindedness could have in the past, and today still, facilitate must needed change.

My viewpoint is not political in nature, I simply agree that open-mindedness can decrease the distance between us all - whether politics, religion or socio-economic circumstances are at stake.  Let's truly try to open our minds to the ideas and thoughts of others, we might just find that the supposed gap between us is much smaller.

Have a good one!

2 comments:

  1. I think most of our thoughts these days are contaminated by a bug/worm/virus I would like to call the "everyone for him/herself" bug or "survival of the fittest" virus. This bug / virus, I think, causes a "devils advocate" state of mind. The first symptoms experienced by "sick" individuals might be thoughts like: what is the other persons' hidden agenda with his/her actions or what will the other person/group gain..and what will I / we lose. The ultimate illness caused by this bug is blindness or the "eyes-wide-shut syndrome" (mainly experienced by dictators). You lose the ability to see clearly and cannot function properly anymore unless you receive help. The worst and sad part about this illness is that the only cure for this deadly and harmfull virus lies within the individual itself. SACRIFICE..... To be healthy and open-minded we all need to sacrifice something. what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting and very true. Would help to see the bigger picture where me myself and I are not always the main character - once in a blue moon would be a great start!

    Thanks for your contribution ;-)

    ReplyDelete