Monday, August 1, 2011

Celebrating Women's Month...one small act at a time!

This morning I'm searching for information on remarkable women or women who inspire us.  Nothing really grabbed my attention. I went outside to take a quick phone call when someone walked passed me, giving me the warmest smile.  The person looked as if he was deep in thought, and then the unexpected smile.  He (okay ladies, let's give some credit to the guys) really made my day.  

This made me think that it really is the small things, unexpected gestures of kindness, that goes a long way.  With August being Women's Month I'm thinking about all the random acts of kindness, goodness and unselfish love that is shared by grannies, mothers, daughters and special girl friends all around the world.  Not to say that these acts are exclusively exhibited by or towards women.  But since we celebrate the wonderful work done by women during August, we might just as well give some credit to the remarkable women that all of us know, who change the world - one act of kindness at a time.


Ladies, let's give ourselves a pat on the back and continue to be true to ourselves. In the words of Mother Teresa:

"Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier.
Be the living expression of God's kindness: kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile".
    

No comments:

Post a Comment